Remove this ad

Lead

Oct 29 15 9:08 PM

Tags : :

Clare and I visited an All Bar One wine bar in Liverpool some years ago and were sold on a lovely full bodied Shiraz Voignier. Never drink anything else in All Bar One now but at £23.99 a bottle its a bit pricey. Little Yering is its name. Found ourselves in one of our favourite All Bars One's this week and well, sons birthday and all we sat looking at the Thames from Butlers Wharf with a bottle. 

9dd1313303af97e91ac8db35368a12a1dd78b.jp

Interesting to compare the Little Yering with the new Majestic Wine offering from same Vinyard. We bought a bottle of the Yering Station, The Elms Shiraz a week or so ago to try, a snip in Majestic at £8.99 at the time! But every bit as good full shiraz cherry damson chocolate nose and taste with spice, but the All Bar One Little Shiraz Voignier a little sour on the tongue in comparison. Both quality wines, personally prefer the Majestic Yerling Station and planning on buying a case, can't afford to miss it, would recommend it's tried.

874339dc3f820c3aa191c1bf36efbea578abe.jp

Last Edited By: Aimetu Oct 29 15 9:22 PM. Edited 1 time

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#2 [url]

Oct 29 15 11:35 PM

Nick, Majestic - my local Majestic (Crawley) - had their Yering Station Elms Shiraz open on the tasting counter two weeks back, it was very good. It's very high on my favourite Aussie reds, especially Yarra Valley wines of which this is a great example.

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Dec 9 15 9:36 AM

Yeah - our case of six finally arrived yesterdayClap 

Our Majestic did not have any in for ages - but we don't have six on the rack smiley: indifferent as one was perfect with our chilli dinner last night Tongue

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Dec 9 15 7:40 PM

Yering Station is a beautiful winery to visit in the Yarra Valley - http://www.yering.com - yes I know how many of us will ever be able to make such a visit. My wife and I were lucky enough to do so on a 'special' holiday. If nothing else, you can look at the pictures whilst sipping your majestic wine from Majestic. We visited their Cellar Door (where you go to taste) and once we got chatting and it was realised we were more serious about wine, the really good stuff appeared.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help