Remove this ad

Lead

May 18 17 7:08 AM

Tags : :

Sorry a day late but I hope you had a super birthday with lots of bubbles (or gin and tonics) 

Cheers Clap
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#4 [url]

May 18 17 8:28 PM

Many thanks and Happy Birthday to you too Mike.

It was a big one for me - 60! Had a lovely day - lunch in local pub with James, we then chilled out in the garden and had a lazy day. Snack meal at night (rather large lunch) with a bottle of Calvet Pouilly Fume. It was lovely. Keeping the fizz for the weekend when we're having a few neighbours round. Then next weekend we have daughters and their families coming. Praying for good weather so we can have a BBQ and entertain the little ones outdoors. Once they're in bed the fizz will flow! Well, it will likely start sooner. Next month James and I will have a few days in Southwold to continue the celebratations.

Dave, hope you're enjoying Italy.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#6 [url]

May 22 17 5:18 PM

Thanks all. I was celebrating the final year of my 30's
Coincidentally Cru world wine (ex Bibendum) had their Bordeaux 2016 en Primeur tasting at lords cricket ground on the day of my birthday and Patsy kindly allowed me to go to with some friends.
Fantastic tasting if you're a bdx lover and great value for the £40 ticket price (4:30-8:00 to try as much as you like). At the end of the event I was kindly gifted a bottle of 2014 Chateau Lagrange by the producer who I had been talking to earlier.  A nice result
Patsy and I celebrated my birthday on Saturday, going into London for a meal at the Weetbury hotel using a dining experience gift voucher we received as a Christmas gift. Delicious 7 course meal with which we splashed out on a wine pairing as price per bottle was ridiculously expensive anyway. All wines were nice but served in slightly (too) small measures and nothing really jumped out as outstanding that I took note for future reference.
On a positive note, we were taken into the kitchen to meet head chef Alyn Williams who was a really lovely guy. We had a good 15 minute chat with him about food, wine, football and family life before returning for our desserts.

Last Edited By: Bored O May 22 17 5:30 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

May 22 17 6:06 PM

Belated Happy birthday Mike,
Sound like two great events, I'll be celebrating the final year of my 50's in a couple of weeks.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help