Remove this ad

Lead

Apr 20 17 9:17 PM

Tags : :

Exciting day today as my stitches came out whoo hoo. All nice and clean and a nice new full cast on my left leg - 4 more weeks non weight bearing. 

Then it will need a boot for 6 weeks. 

My right is still in its boot for another 4 weeks, load bearing if possible 

Life is certainly nothing like we expected but it's ok. Sleeping downstairs means we have a 'garden' bedroom which is great in the mornings as the birds are around. I'm now quite mobile around the house on my wheelie chair.

Due to immobility I am on blood thinning tablets (not warfarin) so only allowed a small amount of alcohol. I've had some wine but only a couple of nights, plenty of time later. 
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#2 [url]

Apr 23 17 10:01 AM

Hi Clare

Very glad that you are making good progress although still a long way to go - I'm recovering from some surgery too (very minor compared to yours!!!! - at least I can still drink wine but got told off for the weekly number of units !!).

Off to Majestic Southampton this morning to get the Pinotage.

Cheers

Ed

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Apr 23 17 2:10 PM

Wishing you a speedy recovery Ed - you do make me smile..... first paragraph about medical v units warning ..... second paragraph 'off to Majestic' hee hee

If I can get out the house easier next weekend (need to stand on my right leg for that) we might have a trip to Majestic Leicester, a bit late for the tasting but I'd like to try it and a trip out would be good.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#4 [url]

Apr 23 17 11:32 PM

Hi Clare

Tx for kind thoughts - I've been told my dressing has to stay dry and in place for at least 6 days (utterly trivial compared to yours) - but it means I cannot shower and have no bath - and can only use my left arm/hand - so by next weekend you should be able to smell the pong from Coventry!

But good news is I can 'work from home' all next week.

Didn't make it to Majestic as it was Soton 'half-marathon' race (didn't know about that!) and the city centre was gridlocked - bah!

On the Sainsbury's Chablis and v nice - take care.

Ed

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Apr 24 17 5:43 AM

Haha you'll smell me firstEd - got a big bag to go over my plaster but cannot stand yet so no shower either 😷 working from home is good - Nick has been doing that so he can be here for me, this week he's alternating days so I can see if I'm ok alone (with friend's calling round)

As for Wine Therapy Dave a little is helping, as soon as I'm more mobile I can stop taking the tablets and start taking the wine - guess that could make me immobile again 😉

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help