Lead

Apr 20 17 4:11 PM

Tags : :

Hi Eddie,

i sent a brief response to your Laithwaites Chianti thread but figured it may be best to start a new subject here.

My parents have kindly offered to take my two daughters away for a week this summer leaving Patsy & I a week to do as we please.
I've taken this as an opportunity to book flights to Florence with the intention of spending the week in Tuscany
I'm hoping you (or anyone else here who has travelled to Tuscany) can provide some guidance on what to do/where to go.

My initial plan is as follows but nothing is booked yet other than flights and as you can see I haven't really got a set itinerary from day 2 onwards :

Day1: arrive in Florence 10am - spend day in the city, sightsee, Uffizi, eat, drink and be merry
Day 2: leave Florence (late?)morning drive to Chianti for lunch (recommended to try Dario Cechinni in Panzano or Ristoto di Lamole - open to other suggestions)
Vineyard visit?/stay in chantin1 night or drive to Montalcino/Pienza/montepulciano
Day 3 & 4: Montalcino - Poggio Antico visit, nothing else planned yet, possibly day trip to Sienna
Day 5 & 6: Montepulciano. Wine tasting somewhere 
Day 7 & 8: Bolgheri or Greve? Fly home 8pm

thabks in advance for any suggestions

cheers
Mike