Remove this ad

Lead

Mar 17 17 1:22 AM

Tags : :

It’s interesting amongst wine drinkers and commentators  how rosé as a category/genre  gets dismissed completely almost,  as an invalid entity.....neither nowt nor summit!

Sure there are preferences amongst all genres but surely rosés have their place when there are particular wines as distinctive as Anjou, Tavel and Provençal  in France perticularly, the true home of rose, that show characteristics worthy of decent, drinkable wines that have their place on the table at some time or other.

I have to declare an interest or a preference at least and say I really enjoy rosé wines in so many guises from different sources.It is a different wine philosophy, like where are the NZ and Oz ones…there aren’t hardly any…..but I was brought up on 50 years ago Romanian Hirondelle and Portuguese Mateus, the latter that I still enjoy immensely, it so has its place, that a place in my cellar especially for so many diverse bottles especially , exists!

So here we have a Spanish Rosado from the north west and I have to say, hand on heart, that where rosé detractors might be concerned, here is a wine of maximum integrity and superior quality to lay the myth that the style is a poor mongrel and hardly worth consideration. Not so, amongst exceptionally appealing, and even  superb accompaniment to certain food, or indeed stand-alone consumption, this, well-chilled for me especially, is hugely enjoyable stuff of real quality. It has depth, fruit, elegance, style and character and given the price it is perfectly and massively enjoyable value for money that I could recommend to any open-minded individual, being as good as it gets,  to deliver pleasurable wine consumption.

Last Edited By: boroimbiber Mar 17 17 1:27 AM. Edited 1 time

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Mar 17 17 8:51 AM

This sounds good. Both Gill (Pollygp on here) and I really enjoy rose. We used to buy a lot from Laithwaites but have not done so for along time. It seems that almost as soon as Spring arrives and days get longer that we begin drinking it. Like you, Eddie we love French rose but also of late have enjoyed some fantastic bottles from Germany.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help