Remove this ad

Lead

Apr 21 16 8:03 PM

Tags : :

We brought this back from Sulzfeld am Main in Franconia. Lovely straw colour, blackcurrant nose and then medium body with intense fruit driven taste. Aromatic, luscious and a bit of  a revelation for me. I usually like steely dry white wine but I aam slowly being converted. This was delicious with a spicy Chinese Prawn stir fry and noodles. Apparently a cross between Riesling and Sylvaner and grown predominantly in Austria nad Germany..
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#3 [url]

Apr 25 16 8:55 PM

Couldn't believe it when I spotted this article on Brennfleck and the Scheurebe (grape) Kabinett, an excellent choice - correct, if only we could get it here. Now you know why I go on so much about wines from this area (Franken) of Germany. Hope you also got to try some of the Wurzburg wines, fairly close to Sulzfeld i.e. Hofstadts Keller (the Residenz's own winery), Juliuspital and the lovely Burgerspital.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#4 [url]

Apr 26 16 5:44 PM

We did manage to try wine from the Juliuspital but only on our return as another friend brought some back. We were 'on tour' taking in wineries in Lauffen, Urzig, Sulzfeld and Rudesheim. A fantastic time was had by all of us visiting some fantastic places and sampling some amazing wines.

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Apr 26 16 7:48 PM

If you ever go again, you can actually visit the Juliuspital; like the origins of many wines and spirits, the 'spital' was a hospital going back centuries. The wines were given to patients because the water was so foul. I know CR isn't a destination info sort of place, but the tour (& tasting) at the Juliuspital is excellent, just take a look at the magnificence at http://www.juliusspital.de

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Apr 26 16 7:54 PM

Keith - CR is open to discuss anything wine related and holiday/visiting tips are always welcome 😁

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help